Average Salary In Illinois:
The State of Illinois requires any individual who practices esthetics to be state licensed.
The following eligibility requirements must be met:
- You must be at least 16 years old
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Complete an esthetics program from a state accredited school
- 750 hours of training over no less then an 18 week period
- Pass a written and practical examination
Are There Fees For Licensing:
Yes, There is one fee that must be paid when the application for certification is submitted.
- $30 Application and License Fee
Where to Apply:
Licensing in the State of Illinois is handled by the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation